Frieza first appeared in the Namek world which then leads to the Frieza Saga which at the same time Goku first became the Super Saiyan Goku.
Frieza, with his Galactic Frieza Army including Saiyans, conquered and controlled many outposts in the universe, including the Planet Vegeta. Fearing the growing strengths of the Saiyans and the legend of the Super Saiyan lore, Frieza destroyed Planet Vegeta and wiped out most of the Saiyan population including King Vegeta and Bardock, Goku’s father.
Frieza special techniques
- Ki Transfer - The ability to transfer a portion of one's ki to someone else
- Eye Laser - Precise laser-like beam shot from the eyes. Mild potency, but fast and able to nullify lesser attacks and small projectiles, as well as destroy weaker opponents and obstacles.
- Invisible Eye Blast – An invisible ki blast shot from the eyes.
- Death Beam – Also known as Frieza Beam, this is Frieza's favored killing technique. He extends one arm and fires a small, bullet-like beam of ki from his index finger. It is able to be fired very quickly while maintaining precise aim. It can vary from either an explosion or piercing attack.
- Death Ball – Frieza creates a spark of ki lights on the index finger and, once enough energy is gathered, this spark may grow to the size of a small moon. When ready, this Death Ball is thrown towards the target. Typically, this attack is used to destroy planets or as a last-ditch effort to kill an opponent.
- Supernova – A more powerful version of the Death Ball.
As the story progress, Frieza slowly revealed himself to have multiple forms, which is akin to the Super Saiyan revolution.
In his first form, he is very small, with two black horns and a long tail with a purple spike at the end of it. He also wears black shorts and Saiyan armor, except his is purple rather than white, black, or blue like his henchmen.
He shatters his armor before he transforms into his second form, which is much bigger and taller than his first form. In this form, his horns are like a bull and his voice sounds more masculine, nearly as deep as Piccolo's. He also stretches his tail in an "auto-wine" attack.
In his third form, his head is longer, and he has four white horns, and a face like a duck, and several spikes on his back, and his shoulders are in a similar shape to Saiyan armor. He gains a distorted background" voice in this form. When he transforms into his fourth form, his third form shatters.
His fourth form looks much less intimidating than the previous three. He is taller than his first form, but is completely white which now becomes his skin instead of armor with the usual purple spots on him, and he has no horns. Also, his tail does not have a spike on it. This form is stated to be his true form.
100% Full Form
He can also power up to 100% of his maximum, and buff up. However this form slows him down so he doesn't use it that much.
Full Armor Mecha Frieza
An alternate and more powerful version of Mecha Frieza which only appears in Super Dragon Ball Z, in this variant of his Mecha form his tail is now lined with blades, he has a large metallic orb on his shoulder (filled with ammunition) and also has a large missile launcher on his other shoulder.
This form is referred to as the "Ultimate Evolution" form. Frieza attains this form after his revival, by training extremely hard for four months. In this form Frieza is extremely powerful, being massively superior to Super Saiyan God SS Goku and Vegeta in terms of raw power, so much so that when he possessed the form's full power and stamina, Goku was unable to even do any damage to the tyrant.
Frieza (final form), Sh Figuart figure review
- Nice character theme packaging box. The accessories are stored in two separate trays.
- Double jointed elbows and knees.
- The joints sort of distract from the design.
- It takes some balancing with the tail.
- The price would have went up significant by the time you read this.
If you already have the Sh Figuarts Son Goku, then it would have sense to have the Sh Figuarts Frieza.
What does it include
Energy ball effects : 2
Cross-Arms : 1
Heads : 3
Pairs of Feets : 3
Pairs of Hands : 4
Tails : 2
Rock Base : 1
Sh Figuarts Frieza in action from counter656
The top Sh Figuarts Frieza bootleg is the Datong line. Thank you, erivera94, for the side by side comparison.
Other notable mentions of Frieza figures
Frieza in Dragon Ball FighterZ
Please comment below. Let me know your thoughts on if I should do a Sh Figuarts Golden Frieza review one day.